Empaths are highly sensitive people that absorb the energy around them. They have a high degree of emotional intelligence. They are highly aware of the emotions of those around them, to the point they may take on their emotions.
You might be an empath if:
- Strangers tell you their whole life story unprovoked.
- You can tell how someone is feeling as soon as they’re around.
- It is hard for you to see violence in the movies and on t.v.
- When someone else is in pain, you can feel it in your body.
- You have good intuition.
- You have a hard time setting boundaries.
- You often experience emotional overload.
- You often experience sensory overload.
- You feel recharged in nature.
- You have an easy time understanding where people are coming from.
- You can easily tell when others are lying.
- You are drawn to water.
- It’s nearly or entirely impossible not to care.
- You want to help everyone.
- Intimacy overwhelms you.
- You are highly sensitive in other ways, sounds, sights, smells.
- You need time to yourself to recharge.
- You feel drained after social situations.
- You are very good at knowing someone’s intention.
- You tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Because this is all based on self assessment and the accepting or denying of a label is ultimately up to you, there is no scoring. Trust your intuition, see what it tells you. If you know, you know.
So, are you an Empath?
I am Emily Grass, I am a yoga and meditation instructor and an Empath myself.
I have a Facebook group for you! Join Alignment for Empaths, to learn how to trust your intuition, reclaim your energy, lean in to your sensitivity, and grow your ability to turn being an Empath into your personal Superpower.